Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Office Hours: By AppointmentWebsite: Haim Baruh
- Ph.D., Virgina Polytechic Institute & State University, 1982
- M.S., Virgina Polytechic Institute & State University, 1978
- B.S., Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1976
- H. Baruh, "A Need for Change in Engineering Education," Journal of Design Engineering Automation, to appear. (pdf format)
- D. Fleisher and H. Baruh, "Control of Crop Growth in Advanced Life Support Systems," International Journal of Life Support and Biosphere Science, Vol. 8, 2001, pp. 43-53. Also, presented at the IFAC Conference on Modeling and Control in Agriculture, Hortculture and Post-Harvest Processing, July 10-12, 2000, Wageningen, The Netherlands. (pdf format)
- V. Radisavljevic and H. Baruh, "Modeling of Flexible Mechanisms by Constrained Coordinates," Journal of the Chinese Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 1, 2000, pp. 1-14. (pdf format)
- H. Baruh, "Another Look at the Fundamental Equations of Dynamics," Journal of the Chinese Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 1, 2000, pp. 15-24. (pdf format)
- V. Radisavljevic and H. Baruh, "Pointwise-Optimal Control of Dynamical Systems Described by Constrained Coordinates," Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 121, No. 4, 2000, pp. 594-598.
- J. Callahan and H. Baruh, "Modal Sensing of Circular Cylindrical Shells Using Segmented Piezoelectric Elements," Journal of Intelligent Systems and Materials, Vol. 8, 1999, pp. 125-135.
- J. Callahan and H. Baruh, "A Closed Form Solution Procedure for Circular Cylindrical Shell Vibrations," International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 36, 1999, pp. 2973 - 3013.
- J. Callahan and H. Baruh, "Vibration Measurement in Shells Using Piezoelectric Sensors," Finite Elements Analysis and Design, Vol. 23, 1996, pp. 303-318.
- J. Callahan and H. Baruh, "Active Control of Flexible Structures Using Segmented Piezoelectric and Piezoceramic Actuators," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 19, No. 4, 1996, pp. 808-815.
- S. Ratan, H. Baruh and J. Rodriguez, "On-Line Identification and Location of Rotor Cracks," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 194, No. 1, 1996, pp. 67-82.
See More (Google Scholar)