- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University, 1974
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University, 1972
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, 1970
2020 Holley Medal, ASME, for pioneering achievements in fiber drawing and coating for both traditional and specialty fibers
2020 Thermal and Fluids Engineering Award, American Society of Thermal and Fluids Engineers, for outstanding contributions to the field of thermal and fluids engineering
2016 Awarded 90th Anniversary Medal, ASME Fluids Engineering Division, Washington, DC, July 12, for his seminal contributions to the discipline of fluids engineering
2013 Awarded 75th Anniversary Medal, ASME Heat Transfer Division, Minneapolis, July 15, in recognition of service to the community and contributions to the field
2010 The Daniel Gorenstein Memorial Award and Lecture, Rutgers Univ., for outstanding scholarly achievement and exceptional service to the University community
2007 Donald Q. Kern Award from the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE). This award is given each year by AIChE to a researcher for outstanding contributions to heat transfer or energy conversion
2003 Robert Henry Thurston Lecture Award from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Lecture entitled: Buoyancy-Induced Flows in Nature and Technology, presented at IMECE 2003
2002 Max Jakob Memorial Award from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) for eminent achievement in the field of Heat Transfer
2001 Named Board of Governors Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Rutgers University for pioneering and lasting contributions in a wide variety of fundamental and applied areas in fluid mechanics and heat transfer
2000 Freeman Scholar for the application entitled Fluid Flow Phenomena in Materials Processing, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
1999 The Worcester Reed Warner Medal, for outstanding contribution to the permanent literature of engineering, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
1995 Heat Transfer Memorial Award for Science, for significant research contributions to the science of heat transfer, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Jaluria, Y., Computer Methods for Engineering with Matlab Applications, Second Edition, CRC Press (Taylor & Francis), Boca Raton, FL. 2011. Completely revised, updated and with Matlab.
- Jaluria, Y., Advanced Materials Processing and Manufacturing, Springer, Cham, Switzerland, 2018.
- Jaluria, Y., Design and Optimization of Thermal Systems: With Matlab Applications, Third Edition, CRC Press (Taylor & Francis), Boca Raton, FL, 2018. Revised, updated and expanded coverage.
- Zhang, T.T., Zhang, J., Jia, L., and Jaluria, Y., "Numerical simulation of fluid flow and heat transfer in U-shaped microchannels," Numerical Heat Transfer, Vol. 66, pp. 217-228, 2014.
- George, P., Meng, J. and Jaluria, Y., "Optimization of Gallium Nitride metalorganic chemical vapor deposition process," J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 137, pp. 061007-1 to 8, 2015.
- Meng, J., Wong, S., and Jaluria, Y., "Fabrication of GaN films in a chemical vapor deposition reactor," J. Therm. Sci. Eng. App., Vol. 7, pp. 021003-1 to 9, 2015.
- VanderVeer, J. and Jaluria, Y., "Solution of the inverse jet in a crossflow problem by a predictor-corrector technique," Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 89, pp. 929-936, 2015.
- Jaluria, Y., “Heat and mass transfer in materials processing and manufacturing,” Adv. Heat Transfer, Vol. 48, pp. 1-94, 2016.
- Jaluria, Y., “Multiscale modeling in thermal materials processing,” Applied Thermal Eng., Vol. 111, pp. 1574-1580, 2017.
- Zhang, J. and Jaluria, Y., "Steady and transient behavior of data centers with variations in thermal load and environmental conditions," Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 108, pp. 374-385, 2017.
- Tamm, G. and Jaluria, Y., "Flow of hot gasses in vertical shafts under natural and forced ventilation," Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 114, pp. 337-353, 2017.
- Jaluria, Y., "Thermal transport in the manufacture of optical fibers," Ann. Rev. Heat Transfer, Vol. 20, pp. 193-239, 2017.
- Tabrizi, A.B. and Jaluria, Y., “An optimization strategy of the inverse solution of a convection heat transfer problem,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 124, pp. 1147-1155, 2018.
- Tabrizi, A.B. and Jaluria, Y., “A study of transient wall plume and its application in the solution of inverse problems,” Numerical Heat Transfer, Vol. 75, pp. 149-166, 2019.
- Jumaah, O. and Jaluria, Y., “The effect of carrier gas and reactor pressure on Gallium Nitride growth in MOCVD manufacturing process,” J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 141, pp. 082101-1 to 12, 2019.
- Jaluria, Y., “Solution of inverse problems in thermal systems,” J. Thermal Sci. Eng. Appl., Vol. 12, pp. 011005-1 to 11, 2020.
- Wong, S. and Jaluria, Y., “Numerical and experimental study on the fabrication GaN films by chemical vapor deposition,” J. Manu. Sci. Eng., Vol. 142, pp. 011001-1 to 14, 2020.
- X. Zhang and Jaluria, Y., “Reliability-based optimization and design limits of thermal systems: microchannel cooling systems, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 149, pp. 119202, 2020.
- Jumaah, O.D. and Jaluria, Y., “Influence of precursor concentration on crystalline quality of GaN thin films grown on a sapphire wafer,” J. Manu. Sci. Eng., Vol. 143, pp. 111001-1 to 9, 2021.