Assistant Teaching Professor
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Ph.D., Rutgers University, Materials Science and Engineering, 2002.
- M.S., Rutgers University, Materials Science and Engineering, 1998.
- B.S.. Washington and Lee University, Physics-Engineering, 1995.
Development of innovative graphene-enhanced polymer matrix nanocomposites, fundamentals to engineering applications, including structural, bio-medical, electronics, and military. Processing-structure-property-performance relations for novel PMCs.
- Jennifer K. Lynch-Branzoi*, Ali Ashraf, Arya Tewatia, Meredith Taghon, Jamie Wooding, Justin Hendrix, Bernard H. Kear, Thomas J. Nosker. “Shear exfoliation of graphite into graphene nanoflakes directly within polyetheretherketone and a spectroscopic study of this high modulus, lightweight nanocomposite”, Composites Part B, 10.1016/j.compositesb.2020.107842, 2020.
- Ali Ashraf, Nikhil Jani, Francis Farmer, J.K. Lynch-Branzoi*, “Non-Destructive Investigation of Dispersion, Bonding, and Thermal Properties of Emerging Polymer Nanocomposites Using Close-Up Lens Assisted Infrared Thermography”, MRS Advances, p. 1-8. doi:10.1557/adv.2020.121, 2020.
- J.K. Lynch-Branzoi*, T.J. Nosker, B.K. Kear, A. Tewatia, M. Taghon, and J. Wooding, “Lightweight, High Performance Polymer Composites for Modern Engineering Applications”, TechConnect Briefs, 1, 192-195, ISBN: 978-0-9975117-8-9, 2018.
- Hendrix, Justin; Nosker, Thomas; Lynch, Jennifer; Szeto, Ryan, and J. Emge, Thomas, “Evaluation of Exfoliated Graphite to Graphene in Polyamide 66 Using Novel High Shear Elongational Flow”, Polymers, 10, 1399. 10.3390/polym10121399, 2018.
- Jennifer Lynch-Branzoi*, “Modulus enhancement of polymer nanocomposites reinforced with graphene nanoflakes”, J. Nanomed. Nanotechnol., DOI: 10.4172/2157-7439-C1-061, 2017.
- Tewatia, A.; Hendrix, J.; Nosker, T.; Lynch-Branzoi, J.* “Multi-Scale Carbon (Micro/Nano) Fiber Reinforcement of Polyetheretherketone Using High Shear Melt-Processing”. Fibers, 5 (32), doi: 10.3390/fib5030032, 2017.
- Arya Tewatia, Justin Hendrix, Zhizhong Dong, Meredith Taghon, Stephen Tse, Gordon Chiu, William E. Mayo, Bernard Kear, Thomas Nosker, Jennifer Lynch*, “Characterization of melt-blended graphene – poly(ether ether ketone) nanocomposite”, Materials Science and Engineering: B, 216, 41-49, doi:10.1016/j.mseb.2016.05.009, 2017.
- Jennifer K. Lynch*, “High shear melt-processing of fiberglass-reinforced poly(trimethylene) terephthalate composites”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 132, 42714. doi: 10.1002/app.42714, 2015.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., “Composition derived from recycled paint”, US Patent 10,526,756, January 7, 2020.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Mazar, M.N., and Nosker, P.L., “Compositions and methods for the protection of substrates from heat flux and fire”, US Patent 10,329,43, June 25, 2019.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Kear, B.H., Hendrix, J., Chiu, G., “Graphene-reinforced polymer matrix composites”, US Patent 10,329,391, June 25, 2019.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Kear, B.H., Hendrix, J., Chiu, G., “In situ exfoliation method to fabricate a graphene-reinforced polymer matrix composite”, US Patent 10,253,154, April 9, 2019.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Hendrix, J., Kear, B.H., Chiu, G., Tse, S., “In Situ Exfoliation Method to Fabricate a Graphene-Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composite”, US Patent 9,896,565, February 20, 2018.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., and Luker, K., “Just-In-Time Compounding in an Injection Molding Machine”, US Patent 9,533,432, January 3, 2017.
- Nosker, T.J. and Lynch, J.K., “Composite articles compression molded from recycled plastic”, US Patent 9,422,423, August 23, 2016.
- Lynch, J., Nosker, T., Lehman, R., Idol, J.D., Van Ness, K., Renfree, R.W., “Use of recycled plastics for structural building forms”, US Patent 9,340,666, May 17, 2016.
- Nosker, T.J. and Lynch, J.K., “Polymer based railroad tie shaped to reduce center bounding”, US Patent 9,121,138, September 1, 2015.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Mazar, M.N., and Nosker, P.L., “Compositions and methods for the protection of substrates from heat flux and fire”, US Patent 8,993,463, March 31, 2015.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Lehman, R.L., Renfree, R.W., and Idol, J.D. “Methods of Increasing Toughness of Immiscible Polymer Blends”, US Patent 8,497,324, July 30, 2013.
- Lynch, J.K., Nosker, T.J., Lehman, R.L., Idol, J.D., Van Ness, K.E., and Renfree, R.W., “Use of Recycled Plastics for Structural Building Forms”, US Patent 8,455,588, June 4, 2013.
- Nosker, T.J., Lehman, R.L., Lynch, J.K., and Hamill, R., “Method of Recycling Paints as a Component of an Immiscible Polymer Blend”, US Patent 8,436,099, May 7, 2013.