Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Office Hours: By appointmentWebsite: Ellis H. Dill
- Ph.D., Structural Mechanics, University of California, 1957
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of California,1955
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of California, 1954
- Foundations of Field Theories: Inquiry into the fundamental concepts of mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism of materials based on a continuum model.
- Mechanics of Solids: The solution of the equations of the theory of elasticity, plasticity, and viscoelasticity by direct, approximate, or numerical methods.
- Beams, Plates and Shells: Study of the basic equations of the linear and the nonlinear theory and their solution, including vibration and buckling
- Specific Heats of Fluids and Elastic Solids. (January, 2013); PDF file
- (Book) The Finite Element Method for the Mechanics of Solids with ANSYS Applications. CRC Press, 2011. ; Errata.pdf ANSYS Version 13.pdf
- Representation of vector-valued hemitropic functions of a symmetric tensor and a vector. (December, 2009); PDF file
- Buckling of Rods in Bending and Torsion (August, 2009); PDF file
- Material Symmetries (September, 2008) [replaces section 2.2 of my book on Continuum Mechanics]; PDF file
- (Book) The Finite Element Method for the Mechanics of Solids.
Rutgers University, 2009. (replaced by my 2011 book)
- (Book) Continuum Mechanics: Elasticity, Plasticity, Viscoelasticity. CRC Press, 2007; Errata.pdf
- (Book) Introduction to Continuum Mechanics. Erudition Books, 2001.
- Kirchhoff's Theory of Small Strains but Large Rotations.
Rutgers University, Center for Computational Modeling of Aircraft Structures, Report 96-1, 1996. PDF FILE
- On the Dynamics of Flexure and Stretch in the Theory of Elastic Rods.
(with B. D. Coleman and D. Swigon).
- Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 129(1995):147-174.
See More (Personal Website)