- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2001
- B.S., Applied Mechanics, Peking University, Beijing, P.R. China, 1996
Electric-field mediated flow and transport processes within both fluidic devices and bio-electrolytic systems. With a synergistic combination of analytical, computational, and experimental efforts, we aim to explore the exciting interface between engineering and biological sciences, to both advance fundamental understanding and spawn technological innovations. Exemplary projects include electroporation-mediated molecular delivery and uptake, EHD flows and instabilities in micro/nano-fluidic devices, and electric-field induced membrane deformation.
- Zhang, J., Zahn, J.D. and Lin, H. "A transient solution for deformation under electric fields II: Vesicles", submitted.
- Zhang, J., Zahn, J.D. and Lin, H. "A transient solution for deformation under electric fields I: Droplets", submitted.
- Sadik, M., Li, J., Shan, J., Shreiber, D., and Lin, H. “Quantification of Ion Transport During Electroporation-Mediated Molecular Delivery”, submitted.
- Hong, J., Fu, C., Lin, H. and Tan W. "Non-Newtonian effects on low-density lipoprotein (LDL) transport in the arterial wall," submitted.
- Li, J., Tan, W., Yu, M., and Lin, H. “The effect of electrical conductivity on electroporation-mediated molecular delivery,” BBA Biomembranes, 1828: 461-470.
- Yu, M., Tan, W., and Lin, H. 2012 “A stochastic model for DNA translocation through an electropore”,BBA Biomembranes, 1818(11): 2494-2501.
- Zhan, Y., Cao, Z., Bao, N., Li, J., Wang, J., Geng, T., Lin, H., and Lu, C. 2012 "Low-frequency AC electroporation shows strong frequency dependence and yields comparable transfection results to DC electroportion." Journal of Controlled Release, 160: 570-576.
- Morales, M.C., Lin, H. and Zahn, J.D. 2012 “Continuous microfluidic DNA and protein trapping and concentration by balancing transverse electrokinetic forces,” Lab Chip, 12: 99-108.
- Zhang, J., Zahn, J.D. and Lin, H. 2011 “A general analysis of the electrohydrodynamic instability of stratified immiscible fluids,” J. Fluid Mech. 681: 293-310.
- Li, J. and Lin, H. 2011 "Numerical simulation of molecular uptake via electroporation,"Bioelectrochemistry, 82(1): 10-21
See MoreGoogle Scholar