- Ph.D., Aeronautics, California Institute of Technology, 1974
- M.S., Aeronautics, California Institute of Technology, 1972
- B.S., California Institute of Technology, 1971
- B.A., Occidental College,1971
Development and application of CFD methods for simulation of high speed flows, flow and flight control of high speed vehicles using energy deposition through laser and/or microwave discharge, experimental investigation of shock wave boundary layer interactions, automated optimal aerodynamic design of high speed vehicles and their subsystems including inlets and nozzles, and Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) of high speed vehicles.
- Knight, D., ``Turbulence Model Prediction for a Flat Plate Boundary Layer'', AIAA Journal, 13, July 1975, pp. 945-947.
- Knight, D., ``Turbulent Flow Over a Wavy Boundary'', Boundary Layer Meteorology, 11, March 1977, pp. 205-222.
- Knight, D., ``Numerical Simulation of Realistic High Speed Inlets Using the Navier-Stokes Equations'', AIAA Journal, 15, November 1977, pp. 1583-1589.
- Knight, D. and Murray, B., ``Theoretical Investigation of Interaction and Coalescence of Large Scale Structures in the Turbulent Mixing Layer'', Lecture Notes in Physics, Springer-Verlag, Volume 136, 1981. Originally appeared in International Conference on the Role of Coherent Structures in Modelling Turbulence and Mixing, University of Madrid, Spain, June 1980.
- Knight, D., ``Improved Calculation of High Speed Inlet Flows. Part I: Numerical Algorithm'', AIAA Journal, 19, January 1981, pp. 34-41.
- Knight, D., ``Improved Calculation of High Speed Inlet Flows. Part II: Results'', AIAA Journal, 19, February 1981, pp.172-179.
- Knight, D., ``Calculations of High Speed Inlet Flows Using the Navier-Stokes Equations'', Journal of Aircraft, 18, September 1981, pp. 748-754.
- Visbal, M. and Knight D., ``Generation of Curvilinear Boundary-Fitted Coordinates with Direct Control of Mesh Spacing and Orthogonality'', AIAA Journal, 20, March 1982, pp. 305-306.
- Knight, D., ``Application of Curvilinear Coordinate Generation Techniques to the Computation of Internal Flows'', Numerical Grid Generation, Elsevier-North Holland, 1982, pp. 357-384.
- Caponi, E., Fornberg, B.,Knight, D., McLean, J., Saffman., and Yuen, H., ``Calculations of Laminar Viscous Flow Over a Moving Wavy Surface'', Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 124, 1982, pp.347-362.
See More (Google Scholar)